This week, Shannon Morris, our Licenced Agency Manager, shares with you why is a Personal Insurance Review (PIR) important.
Many of our clients don’t feel that a Personal Insurance Review is necessary. They don’t want to take time from their busy lives to come to the office and review their coverage. Many of the clients that Pat and I have taken over recently haven’t had a PIR in several years. Here are some items we’ve recently discovered by meeting with our clients.
- We had a client arrive for a PIR. She asked to see a summary of her scheduled jewelry (high value jewelry added to a home owner policy in order to have it covered). Upon review, NONE of her jewelry was scheduled. Most policies only cover $1,500 per item. Would you want to lose a $10,000 engagement ring, call to file a claim, and discover you hadn’t scheduled the item? You would pay your deductible and only receive $1,500 compensation.
- I recently spoke with a client by phone who was adding a new vehicle to his coverage. In review of his current policy I noticed that his 20 something son was still rated on one of his vehicles. I confirmed with the client that his son had indeed moved out and we were able to cut his rates in half as a result!
- A client met with us and realized that his 17 year old daughter was not listed as a driver on any of his vehicles! She has had her license for almost a full year!!!!
- We have had several clients come in for their PIR and discovered that they were missing discounts! Do you want to save money?
Mistakes happen. People forget to call their agent when a life change occurs. You may THINK you did something when in all reality you did not. The worst time to find out you do not have the coverage you believed you had is when you go to file a claim.
Find out NOW! Schedule a PIR with Patrick and ensure you are properly covered and receiving all of the discounts you are entitled to! Give me a call and I can get you scheduled! 317-577-7872
– Shannon Morris with AmFamPOB